Upwork, Odesk, Elance Test Answers for Internet Marketing Test
You will find here complete answers for Upwork Internet Marketing Test, make sure to use search option (Ctrl+F) to find the answer quickly.
Note: We can’t guarantee that you will pass Upwork Internet Marketing Test with 100% marks but we can guarantee you you will pass the test with above average marks.
1. What is a double opt in process?
• Someone must email the firm twice to get on a list
• Someone must ask to be on your email list, and then verify by clicking a link they want to be on it
• Someone must email the firm twice to get off an email list
• Someone has to send an email confirming an online purchase
2. What is brand strategy?
• Creating the image you want your company perceived as and marketing in a way that portrays that image to customers
• Strategy for reaching customers worldwide
• Creating a package that catches peoples eyes
• Creating an image that contradicts competitor’s assertations
3. What is a “landing page”?
• The page a potential customer sees when they click on your paid ad
• The main company website
• A page where the customer can buy the product
• Where the pay per click ads are created
4. How can the signature block be used effectively?
• Increases the length of the email making it seem more important
• Branding the firm and relaying information to the email recipient such as the company blog
• Guarantees further marketing success
• Expensive form of marketing
5. What is affiliate marketing?
• Same as guerilla marketing
• Selling ad space on your site
• When a 3rd party helps market your business, and in turn you pay them a commission based on sales as a result of their efforts
• Pay per click marketing
6. What is the purpose of sending a monthly newsletter?
• It creates work for employees at the company
• It builds branding, creates awareness and a connection with potential clients
• It gives people a chance to opt out of ever talking to your company again
• Required by law
7. What is one advantage to using a purchased email list?
• The firm selling them often makes up fake email addresss
• Large quantity of email addresses and markets otherwise not reached
• The bounce rate is very low
• It is targeted at your potential customers
8. What is “cost per action”?
• Same as pay per click
• A payment agreement where a specific action creates a payable event for the affiliate, such as a click, a purchase, a number of page views
• A payment agreement where costs change depending on volume
• The product cost
9. Why have social networking sites become a popular method of internet marketing?
• They are free and easy to use
• They guarantee more traffic to your site
• Ease of use, large number of users, easy to target specific demographics
• They are a passing trend
10. Who was one of the original widely known affiliate marketers?
11. What is search engine optimization?
• Paying for placement on a search engine results page
• Building a site which has the qualities that search engines look for, which will ultimately get the site a high rank in the listings
• Optimization of a site so it gets more affiliate revenue
• Selling memberships to the site
12. What is an auto-responder?
• A person who replies to all emails for the company
• An automatic email message sent to someone who takes an action such as submitting a form on a company website
• A method of direction communication with clients
• An email relay system
13. What should a company do once it achieves its search engine ranking goals?
• Stop promoting the site
• Constantly monitor and improve their site in order to maintain their ranking
• Revise the site once in awhile
• Sell advertising on their site
14. What is an important step early on when forming a web marketing strategy?
• Designing catchy ads
• Allocating a large budget to the project
• Identifying your customer base
• Hiring a consulting firm
15. What type of income statement items are marketing expenses?
• Variable Cost
• Fixed Cost
• Cost of Good Sold
16. Which of the following are podcasts least likely to target?
• Customer loyalty
• Content delivery
17. What is the purpose of a traditional press release?
• It acts as a direct marketing sales tool
• It can be mailed out to potential clients
• It announces company information to a widely dispersed group of people
• It target markets to internet users
18. What is an “impression”?
• When a person buys a product from a site
• When your ad is displayed on a page online, not necessarily clicked on
• When an ad is clicked on
• When an ad makes an impression on a client
19. What is “bounce rate” in terms of email marketing?
• The percentage of emails sent to a list which are returned as undeliverable
• The percentage of repeat clients
• The percentage of people who receive an email and buy the product
• The percentage of people who click the links in an email
20. How is the “open rate” important?
• It tells the company how many people clicked on the links in the email
• It lets the company know how many people bought a product
• It is the number of people who received the email
• It is the number of people who actually opened the email sent to them, giving the company insight into how effective the email marketing campaign was
21. What is the formula for calculating cost per customer acquisition?
• Marketing spent on television divided by the number of new customers
• Sales divided by customers
• Total marketing budget divided by all customers ever
• Total marketing budget for a specific period divided by the number of new customers for that same period
22. Why is the subject line of any email campaign important?
• It gives the person an opportunity to delete the email before reading it
• It is all the receiver sees besides the email address until they open the email
• It lets the receiver know they are about to be sold something
23. What are the four P’s of marketing?
• Placement, Production, Procurement, Procedures
• Product, Price, Placement, Promotion
• Position, Price, Production, Premature
• Product, Promotion, Procedures, Procurement
24. How should a company allocate its marketing budget among the various methods of internet marketing?
• Depends on the company and what is most effective for its business
• Spread evenly among the methods chosen
• Spend most on email marketing
25. What is meant by “niche marketing”?
• Targeting a broad based group of people
• Targeting a very specific demographic
• Advertising on the television
• Advertising only online
26. How important is content on a site when optimizing it?
• Not important at all, does not factor in
• Mildly important to keep customers happy
• It is the only thing which creates a higher ranking in search engines
• Very important, new content especially
27. How are keywords utilized by search engines?
• They are all that the search engine uses to rank pages
• The keywords are a brief description of what topics your site relates to
• They help the search engine decide how good your sites content is
• The keywords guarantee positioning
28. What is the purpose of having a special landing page for a PPC ad?
• It costs less if done that way
• It gives the potential to have mixed messages on the site
• Statistics can be gathered on the page, as well as special offers can be shown to the ad clicker
• Customers expect it
29. Why has web marketing become a popular form of marketing?
• It is much cheaper than other forms and often more effective
• Television advertising is being offered less
• It is easier than traditional marketing
• It has been heavily advertised
30. What is meant by “white hat”?
• When marketers show up for work wearing white hats
• Dishonest techniques for gaining higher rankings
• Ethical and honest methods of increasing page rankings
• Software used to increase rankings
31. What is the primary goal of web marketing?
• To give the target market an ad like they would see on TV
• To sell customers on the spot
• To earn affiliate income
• To drive potential customers to the company website
32. How can a company profit from a podcast directly?
• Pay another company to host it
• Charge for premium content
• Set up an affiliate link
• All podcasts are free, they can not be directly profitable
33. Why are affiliates not the same as having a sales force?
• The affiliates are virtual
• The affiliates can be based anywhere in the world
• The affiliate only drives traffic, they do not necessarily convert them to sales
• The affiliates have limited availability
34. What is a secondary reason to actively maintain a company blog, besides giving potential customers something to read?
• It keeps the marketing staff busy in down times
• It impresses clients
• A well maintained blog will help increase page rank with search engines
• It makes the company seem larger than it is
35. Which of the following can negatively impact a site’s ranking in search results?
• Excessive link exchanging
• Static content
• Using automated programs or services to create links to your site
• Contact Us Page
36. What is a site index?
• A page which has a linkable outline of all of the pages on a website
• A site with only 1 page
• A site with special deals for purchasers
• A special ranking with search engines
37. How is click-through rate measured in an email campaign?
• The number of emails which did not bounce back
• The number of people who click on a link in the email bringing the potential customer to your site
• The number of people who purchased a product or service from the email
• The number of people who replied to the email
38. How do firms typically budget once positive results are seen from their internet marketing campaign?
• Decrease the overall budget
• Spend more on the methods which are not producing results
• Increase the budget and focus on those activities which are working
• Stop marketing
39. What is a trackback?
• Same as a trademark
• A method of notification that somebody links to document/html
• When someone goes to your site because of your podcast
• A count of how many downloads your podcast has
40. What is the best way to make internet marketing effective?
• Focus on one specific technique such as direct email
• Use a myriad of methods online
• Spend a lot of money on it
• Use email marketing first
41. What is a “value proposition”?
• The pricing of the product
• The same as a business plan
• A statement as to how the company will make more money
• A statement as to how the company adds value for customers
42. Why is reciprocal linking becoming an important way to reach potential clients?
• Visitors to other sites of a similar nature to yours are likely to click on links to bring them to your site
• It creates an income stream
• It is the easiest way to create traffic
• It builds goodwill
43. How much would a company pay for the given example: Ad displays 20 times, 2 users click the ad, cost per click is 5 cents.
• 90 cents
• 10 cents
• 20 cents
• 1 cent
44. What is a “call to action”?
• Hoping the customer buys your product
• Recruiting new employees
• Creating a new ad campaign
• Using verbs to encourage people to take an action
45. What is meant by “guerilla marketing”?
• Using resources such as time, energy and imagination rather than money to market
• Using advertising spots which utilize gorillas to capture the audience
• Having a large scale marketing budget
• Using television ads instead of web ads
46. Why would a company hire internet marketing specialists if marketing is relatively easy to do online?
• It reduces taxable profits
• To get a second opinion
• Creates goodwill
• Hired experts can drive the best results of campaigns and help guide the company in its marketing
47. What is A/B testing?
• Testing 2 products to see which is safer
• Using 2 versions of an ad, measuring results to see which one is more effective
• Testing 2 products to see which one sells more
• Using 2 versions of an ad to see which one has less bounce rate
48. Why is it important to set daily maximum budgets for pay per clicks ad campaigns?
• It helps with ad placement
• It is required
• It helps drive affiliate sales
• Costs of clicked links can add up quickly if not limited
49. Which 3 industries are the largest users of affiliate marketing?
• Prescription drugs, electronics, child products
• Gambling, adult, retail
• Retail outlets, bakeries, beverage
• Computer equipment, auto manufacturers, construction
50. Why has web marketing become the primary method of marketing for some companies?
• It is more effective than anything else for all companies
• It is inexpensive compared to other methods
• It reaches a broad based audience
• It guarantees increased sales
51. How can posting on other message boards help drive traffic to a company site?
• You can steal away clients from other companies directly
• You can tell lies about competitors
• You can trump up claims of what your company does
• By becoming an expert on a subject and giving people information which demonstrates your company’s knowledge and expertise
52. What are meta tags?
• The content of the site
• Embedded information about your website such as keywords
• Links to other sites
• Images on the site
53. How is the pricing model of a click determined?
• Standardized rate for the ad
• Google sets the price worldwide
• Ads always cost more in later months
• The more popular a search term, the more a customer will have to pay to use that term in his/her target keywords list
54. Why would a company possibly want to spend more on PPC early on?
• It costs less early on
• To drive traffic to their site and increase awareness
• To let the competition know they are serious
• To sell more products
55. How do listeners decide what is a worthwhile podcast to continually listen to?
• High quality audio and high quality content
• If its funny
• Broad based podcasts with no general direction
• Having several hosts and a myriad of topics
56. Who regulates affiliate marketing?
• No one currently
• Internet Affiliate Board
57. What is meant by “viral marketing”?
• Creating ads that users pay to watch
• Creating ad campaigns which are expensive and well produced
• Creating ad campaigns with a very narrow focus
• Creating ad campaigns which are inexpensive, gain massive popularity and become widely distributed
58. Why would a firm employ guerilla web marketing?
• It is guaranteed to work
• It allows greater flexibility
• It gives the firm more control over its marketing budget
• It is unconventional and can often leave a lasting impression on potential customers
59. How can supplemental materials be delivered to the podcast listener?
• Embedded into the audio file
• Files can be made available for download along with the link to the podcast
• The listener has to go to a special site only during the podcast
• The listener must pay for any additional materials
60. What is “cost per customer acquisition”?
• The amount a company pays a customer to try their product
• The average cost of marketing spent per new customer
• The cost of marketing staff
• The cost to beat competitors
61. Why are purchased email lists typically ineffective?
• They are too expensive
• They distribute an email to far more people than the company has in its contacts
• They make up fake emails to sell
• They are not targeted at customers specific to your company and have high bounce rates
62. What is one unfavorable trait sometimes seen in affiliate marketing?
• The cost is low
• It brings additional traffic to a site
• Affiliates will use unethical techniques to drive customers in hopes of earning a commission
• It is only paid for based on successful selling
63. Why is it important to fine tune the timing of the ad and keywords used?
• It costs less in later hours
• To be sure to spend more money on marketing
• Required by law
• To carefully target the customer base desired, not wasting impressions and clicks
64. Which of the following would not be effective in headline writing?
• Using words that draw attention
• Using words that people may search for
• Using small words which take up space and do not add value
• Using words such as “new, exciting, special offer”
65. What is the “active voice” style of writing ads?
• Using “you” and not “I” or “we” – directing wording towards the customer
• Writing in the first person
• Writing in the third person
• Speaking omnisciently
66. How can a podcast be used to drive customers to a website?
• By only hosting the podcast on the website
• By giving information on the podcast which gives the listener the desire to learn more, and directing them to the website for that information
• By making the podcast a premium one which costs money
• By telling the listeners that they need your product
67. How can chat rooms bolster site traffic?
• The competition can come to the chat and try to steal customers
• It gives the company a way to distance themselves from customers
• By having people talk positively about your company and by answering questions people may have in a non threatening, anonymous method
• It gives a way for customers to log complaints
68. What is meant by “web 2.0”?
• The resurgence of internet companies with more interactive focus, such as blogging and social networking
• Any website which has survived the dot.com bust
• Sites made using new technology
• Internet companies who focus on retail sales
69. Why is affiliate marketing a favorable form of marketing?
• It is inexpensive
• Nothing is paid unless there is a sale resulting from the affiliate’s efforts
• It guarantees increased sales
• It is complex so not many people utilize it
70. How are Pay Per Click ad campaigns billed?
• Everytime an ad is displayed it costs the company money
• Set monthly fee regardless of impressions or clicks
• Discounted based on length of commitment
• The customer pays each time their ad is clicked on, usually billed monthly
If you have any question regarding Upwork Internet Marketing Test answers or want to add more question or want to correct an answer or you want to thanks us, feel free to contact us by using below comment option. Good luck you little champ 🙂