Upwork, Odesk, Elance Test Answers for Customer Service Test
You will find here complete answers for Upwork Customer Service Test, make sure to use search option (Ctrl+F) to find the answer quickly.
Note: We can’t guarantee that you will pass Upwork Customer Service Test with 100% marks but we can guarantee you you will pass the test with above average marks.
1. What would be the best way to handle an email inquiry?
• Ignoring the email and seeing if they email a second time
• An immediate automatic email response letting the customer know someone will reply within 24 hours, followed up by a reply from a customer service representative within 24 hours
• Informing them the answer is in the company FAQs and they should look there
• Replying to the email a week later after investigating
2. What does CRM software allow a company to do?
• Create one to many relationships with customer groups
• Create many to one relationships with customers
• Send financial reports to the management
• Create a one to one relationship with each customer.
3. What final step can be taken to put your firm’s customer service above that of all others?
• Offer to refund more than the product value.
• Let customers know what the standard procedure for handling irate customers is up front.
• Give the customers time to cool off by asking them to call back later.
• Follow up with customers after the fact to make sure they are happy with the resolution.
4. What are the two factors to consider when Creating Customer Service Strategy?
• Employee reception to the plan, and customer reception to the plan
• The cost of implementing, and employee reception
• The time needed to create and implement, and the cost of implementation
• The competition’s as well as the customers’ reaction to the plan
5. What is meant by a “care token”?
• To handle customers who are not happy with the company “with care”
• A gesture made by the company to retain a customer after his/her having experienced bad customer service
• A gesture made by the company as a last resort to get the customer to leave
• A bonus to exceptionally good customer service agents
6. What would be a good opening line in replying to an irate customer’s email?
• Please call customer service.
• We are glad you are enjoying our product/service.
• Thank you for your email, we are sorry to hear about the problem you have.
• We will get back to you within 7 days.
7. What is the importance of customer oriented goodwill?
• It allows for cheaper resolutions to customer conflict.
• It is a good substitute for good customer service.
• It allows the management to measure how well customer service is being performed.
• It puts the company ahead of the competitors in respect of customer service.
8. What is the importance of consistency while offering customer service to different people?
• Not important – Customers only know what they experience and can not compare the service they get with that offered to others.
• Very important – Customers expect a consistent level of service when dealing with a company.
• Important only for large companies, not for small ones
• Important only for small firms since they rely on customer referrals
9. How should a customer service representative determine what avenues to pursue to make a customer happy
• Follow a standard company protocol.
• Ask the customer what resolution they would like to see.
• Determine what would be the cheapest alternative that would make the customer happy.
• Offer to replace their product regardless of their problem.
10. What is the disadvantage of email based customer service?
• It is more cost effective than other methods.
• It allows the company to respond quickly.
• It gives the company a trail of communications with the customer.
• It is unemotional and doesn’t always allow the customer to convey the importance of their question or issue.
11. Which of the following would be a potential segmenting factor for customers?
• Age range
• Zip code
• The industry they work in
• All of the above
12. What would perfect customer relationship management entail?
• Saving the company money
• Immediate customer gratification and personalized interactions with each customer
• Reducing the call times of customer complaints
• Increased visibility into the financial situation of the company
13. What should be the first thing to be done in problem solving?
• Verify the information the customer has provided and any additional facts if required.
• Tell the customer they will get whatever they want.
• Tell the customer you’ll see what you can do but not to expect much.
• Look for errors in the customer’s story.
14. What is the purpose of FAQ’s (frequently asked questions)?
• To give the website more content which looks impressive
• To spur the customers to ask additional questions
• To position the company as an industry leader
• To answer questions customers often have so they can easily find the answer without having to ask
15. What is a data warehouse?
• A single database for the CRM program
• The physical warehouse where the company servers are stored
• A database that stores information from several other data sources, allowing a CRM system to query multiple databases from one location
• A program that is used to create financial reports
16. Which of the following would be considered going the extra mile in resolving a past customer service issue
• Replacing an item under warranty
• Answering a call within two minutes
• Absorbing any extra costs such as shipping costs incurred by the customer as a result of the problem
• Sending him/her a complaint form to fill out
17. What is meant by taking a top down approach to creating a strategy?
• Having customer service agents work in management
• Creating high level initiatives only
• Starting by building strategies upwards from the customer level
• Having high level managers work in customer service for a short period of time so they can experience it before laying down policies
18. Where should firms start while working on a strategy for customer service?
• Survey the customers to get their feedback and to find out their needs and expectations of the firm.
• Copy what the competition is doing.
• Ask the employees what strategies they want to be implemented.
• Look for the standard customer service strategy employed in the country of operation.
19. What would a monotone and flat voice indicate to a customer?
• The person is energetic and wants to help.
• The person is bored and uninterested in the conversation.
• The person is angry.
• The person doesn’t believe what they are hearing.
20. Why is it important to pace your tone on the phone with the other person?
• It automatically makes them assume they will get what they want.
• It creates rapport with the customer and puts them at ease.
• If the person talks fast, it means they are in a rush and you should also do the same.
• It tells the customer you are someone they can trust.
21. Which of the following is a customer need?
• Premium pricing
• Experienced management
• Friendly customer service
• Growing financial performance
22. What is meant by inflection?
• The accent you talk in, depending on your country
• The highs and lows of your voice, which let the customer know how interested you are in talking to them
• The pace at which you speak, which lets the customer know if you are in a rush or not
• The general attitude you convey to a customer
23. How can a company create an atmosphere of continuous improvement and have employees who strive to perform?
• By reducing headcount by 10% each year
• By making it mandatory for the employees to attend company meetings
• By offering incentives, both financial and non financial, for good performance
• By telling the employees that mystery callers will evaluate them
24. What is meant by a “hard no”?
• Saying ‘no’ to the customer but offering alternatives
• Saying ‘yes’ to the customer at first but switching to ‘no’ later
• Saying ‘yes’ to the customer with no intention of following through
• Saying ‘no’ to the customer and offering no alternative solution
25. What would be the two needs of a customer when visiting a theme park?
• Safety and Fun
• Accuracy and Certainty
• Efficiency and Seriousness
• Low cost and Tranquility
26. How important is the tone of voice when talking to someone on the phone?
• Extremely important
• Not important at all
• Slightly important
• Depends on the situation
27. What should be said to a customer when putting them on hold?
• Say nothing. Just put them on hold.
• Say “just a minute”; then put them on hold.
• Ask them first if it is okay to put them on hold for a moment.
• Tell them they need to hold for several minutes.
28. Which of the following would be the best way to offer customer service online?
• To make a form people can submit available online
• To supply answers to FAQ’s online
• To make live chat with company representatives available 24/7
• To make company phone number available online
29. What is the first step in dealing with a customer when he/she is irate?
• Tell him/her to be quiet and listen.
• Tell him/her to call back when he/she has calmed down.
• Ask the customer what can be done to solve the problem.
• Let the customer give vent to his/her feelings and do not try to interrupt him/her.
30. Why should a firm say they are sorry even if they feel the customer is wrong?
• The firm can later tell the customer he/she was actually the wrong one, after he/she has calmed down.
• The firm should always take the blame and learn from it.
• The focus should be on finding out what would satisfy the customer and solving the problem, not determining blame.
• They can later put the blame on a third party.
31. What should the customer service representative do when a customer is yelling?
• Yell back at them
• Not respond and hang up
• Sound anxious
• Keep a calm, lower tone to calm the customer down
32. Why is giving a customer the required information considered good customer service?
• It makes the customer feel they got something for nothing.
• It makes the customer feel guilty if they ever have a problem.
• It allows you to upsell to the customer something they do not need.
• It allows you to add value for the customer and help them make an informed decision.
33. What is the first step in mollifying a customer who has received bad service?
• Ask the customer what the problem is.
• Try to offer him/her something for free to pacify him/her.
• Ask him/her to submit a complaint first.
• Express regrets and promise to provide better service in future.
34. Which of the following is an example of a care token?
• A computer manufacturer fixes your new laptop under warranty
• A retail chain accepts your return
• Offering an employee a raise for good performance
• A restaurant gives you a free glass of wine because you mention to the waiter you didn’t enjoy the wine like you had hoped
35. What is meant by “data mining”?
• Creating specialized reports
• Entering data into a data base
• Calling customers to survey them
• Sifting through vast amounts of data by focusing on specific attributes
36. What should be the ultimate goal of problem solving with the customer?
• To save the company money
• To get them off the phone quickly
• To get referrals to other customers
• To make them happy
37. What is customer profiling?
• Reporting customer data to government agencies
• A customer filling in a profile online
• Using customer data to determine an overall company marketing campaign
• Using a series of data points to place customers into groups and tailoring their experience with your company
38. Why do the customers’ needs change according to the nature of the situation?
• People are fickle and want different things even in the same situation depending on different occasions.
• Needs are different depending on what the customer values as important under the circumstances.
• Needs changed according to the financial situation of the customer at the time.
• The customer can probably be talked into focusing on their wants instead of needs.
39. What should be done with an irate customer after they have vented out and explained their situation?
• Ask them to call back later when they have calmed down.
• Express empathy.
• Put them on hold and pass them onto a manager.
• Issue them a refund regardless of the problem.
40. What is the advantage of email based customer service?
• It makes dealing with irate customers easier.
• It provides an easy reference to past communication with the client.
• It is impersonal.
• Canned responses can be sent back.
41. What should be done at the end of a phone call with a customer after resolving an issue they had?
• Try to sell them something new.
• Ask them to write a nice letter to the company praising the customer service agent.
• Tell them only the first customer service call is free.
• Repeat to the customer what you resolved and any further actions you’ll be taking.
42. Which of the following would a customer not expect from a customer service agent?
43. How can a company’s online ordering process be made more customer friendly?
• Ask for lots of details so the customer can be catered to in the future.
• Try to sell customers additional products and services unsolicited.
• Place ads on the order page for additional products.
• Only ask for information necessary to process the order.
44. Why would a company want to know the profitability and sales history of customers?
• They would automatically drop the lowest 10% of customers.
• They can ask the higher sales clients to act as representatives of the company.
• It offers the company potential for directing their marketing campaigns effectively on the basis of their buying habits.
• They can find out who owes the company money.
45. How should a customer service strategy plan be distributed to the employees?
• By sending a mass email
• By telling only those who directly deal with the customers
• By emphasizing the management’s commitment to the plan at a company-wide meeting
• It should be confined to the top management.
46. How do CRM(Customer Relationship Management) systems help in sending a consistent message to customers?
• The same draft of an email can be sent to every single customer thus ensuring consistency.
• They are used for all marketing efforts of a company.
• Information can be distributed via the CRM system for sending the same message to all the customers in the same group.
• The CRM system always works as the back end for the company website.
47. How important is it for the top management to be involved in Creating Customer Service Strategy?
• Very important – The top management has to be committed to it and offer the maximum support.
• Not important at all – The employees at the customer level should decide the strategy.
• Important only in small companies, not large corporations
• Important only in large companies. Smaller companies do not need to worry about customer service strategy.
48. What is the primary purpose of setting goals of customer service?
• To know when no more customer service needs to be provided
• To compare the firm’s strategy with that of the competitors
• To create measurable objectives which the firm can strive to meet
• To allow for customer service agents to be promoted on the basis of their performance
49. What general rule does phone etiquette require customer service representatives to follow?
• Ask the other party how you can help them.
• Say “Hello?” then pause.
• Ask them for their name or customer number before greeting them.
• Try to redirect the caller to someone else.
50. Why do customers feel the need of some control in working to resolve an issue with a company?
• They feel they are getting more for their money.
• Customers feel that this way, they can get whatever they want, at least temporarily.
• It ensures the customer will buy again.
• It puts them in a positive mood and allows them to help guide the resolution
51. What is a continuous improvement plan?
• A predetermined plan to continually help the employees keep themselves informed of the company’s latest initiatives in order ultimately to make themselves better at customer service
• A plan to educate the consumer about the products
• A plan to help the management understand the customers’ needs better
• A predetermined plan to help the employees learn more about the company’s financial situation and the company’s need to perform better
52. Which of the following would be the best thing to say to an irate customer?
• Please call back later.
• I’ll have to ask my manager to approve what you are asking for.
• I can see why you feel that way.
• Why didn’t you buy a competitor’s product.
53. Which of the following would be a measurable aspect of customer service?
• The number of products sold
• An overall customer satisfaction rating of 90%
• How displeased customers are in general
• A profit margin of 30%
54. What does a customer with a problem expect from a customer service representative?
• Discounts and coupons
• The management’s commitment to the growth of the firm
• An aggressive tone
• Understanding and empathy
55. What approach should a firm take when they need to say ‘no’ to a customer?
• Say ‘no’ up front, being honest.
• Do not say ‘no’, but later do not deliver on the alternative solutions.
• Pretend everything is good, but towards the end of the conversation, tell them you did not mean what you said and actually the answer is ‘no’.
• Do not say ‘no’, but offer alternative solutions.
If you have any question regarding Upwork Customer Service Test Answers or want to add more question or want to correct an answer or you want to thanks us, feel free to contact us by using below comment option. All the best 🙂